We exist to join God in His Desire to bring every person from each people-group within our district to begin a relationship with His Son, Jesus, and to grow as a Christ-follower through His Holy Spirit.
1) Growing healthy leaders
2) Creating healthy churches
3) Multiplying healthy churches
1) Christ-likeness - Jesus Christ is the defining expression of God’s will for humankind. In Christ is found the highest and clearest example for holy living. He is our example and strength to pursue integrity, faith, hope and love.
2) Biblical authority - The Bible is the highest source of written authority for God’s plan for His people; it reveals how to live out that plan, individually and corporately. Beliefs, practices, priorities and our preaching/teachings are to be anchored in clear biblical truths.
3) Disciple-making - Making disciples is a clear mandate from Christ. This requires a strong focus on evangelism and training in spiritual growth and holy living. Done effectively, this will produce growth and health in and among the churches.
4) Team Spirit - We affirm that our churches are connected and interdependent. Our churches and pastors are encouraged to have different personalities, styles, and emphases to best present Christ in their context, but we unite around our common core beliefs and purpose. We also affirm generosity between our congregations as a highly-valued expression of our Lord’s love.
5) Local church Centered - Local churches are the most fundamental and strategic points of evangelism and discipleship. It is the work of the District to find the best ways to resource, serve and strengthen our congregations and pastors.
6) Intentional diversity - We believe that our Lord’s Kingdom is multi-ethnic and cultural, multi-generational and gender-neutral. We believe that this Kingdom-value is to be reflected in our churches and district at all levels of leadership and ministry including committees and boards, pastors and staff, those who serve “up-front” as well as those serving “behind-the-scenes”. In doing so, we reflect the hopeful look of heaven to a cynical and divided world.
7) Cultural relevance - Wesleyans are called to serve the present age. The Church respects and builds on its past without becoming its slave. Wesleyans are “culture informed” for the sake of reaching people for Christ, but we are not “culture captives” in the sense of surrendering core values, beliefs, and behaviors.
8) Pursuing new people and cultures - We have a sense of urgency in reaching all people and groups for Christ within our district boundaries as well as around the globe. All people groups matter to Christ and will matter to us as well.
1) Total conversions: 15,000
2) Primary worship attendance: 15,000
3) Total new district churches: 30
4) New worship venues: 15
Vision 20/20 Goals 2011-2020
Mission & Values